Magdalen Laver - St Mary - Interior
Inside the church there is a 14th-century oak rood-screen consisting of a central doorway with four bays flanking it on each side. The screen was reconstructed in the 17th century; part of the base panelling is of this date. The doors and several of the shafts are replacements. Most of the windows in the church as well as the two south doorways appear to have been inserted at different times during the 14th century. In the two easternmost windows of the nave there is some 14th or 15th-century glass. Similar glass in one of the chancel windows has been reset. However the east window of the chancel is largely modern (although in 14th century style) but with original carved head-stops. The south doorway to the nave and the door itself may be late-14th century. A damaged 15th-century octagonal font, which stood for a time in the rectory garden, was restored to the church early in the 20th century. In the latter half of the 19th century extensive restoration work was carried out internally and in 1912 a second-hand pipe organ from Christ Church, Albany Street, London was installed. The chancel roof, which has been restored, has two original tie-beams. On one of the ties is a nearly illegible inscription 'IT ANNO DOM. 1615 H. L.'