Mashbury - Unknown Dedication
A small, simple church which dates from the mid 12th century. The bell turret was added in the 19th century The north and south doorways are original although the south porch is 16th century. The church was struck by lightning in 1872 and restored in 1873. Inside is a 15th century church chest and there are fragments of 14th, 15th and early 16th century glass in the windows. The church has been redundant since the early 1980's. When we visited there was some repair work in progress on the bell turret and internally to the window arches. The church became redundant in the 1980's.