Moreton - St Mary
The parish church of St Mary the Virgin consists of a nave and chancel built in the early 13th century, a tower built in the 16th or 17th century, the 18th century wooden south porch, and a north vestry probably built in the 19th century at the same time as extensive restorations of the church interior were carried out. In 1786 part of the tower fell in a gale. It was rebuilt in 1787 'upon the model of the old'. It is of red brick, in three stages, and has a castellated parapet and a short shingled spire. The doorway into the nave was built at the same time.