Norton Mandeville - All Saints
All Saints Church consists of a nave, chancel, and south porch with a small bell-cote at the west end of the nave. The walls are of flint rubble dating mostly from the first half of the 14th century, but mixed with this are blocks of freestone from a previous 12th-century church. Buttresses have been built externally at various dates. The south porch dates from 1903. The square bowl of the font is Norman, probably from the original church although the tiles around its base are 14th century. The pews have 16th century carved poppyhead ends. The church has no electric lighting and instead is lit by 8 brass paraffin lamps, which are themselves over 100 years old. The church survived a Parochial Church Council closure meeting by one vote in the early 1970s while a further meeting in 1983 voted to raise the £13,000 needed for urgent repairs. A round of annual fundraising events are still held. In 2000AD a Milliennium yew tree was planted in the grounds.