Rickling - All Saints
All Saints Church at Rickling is a 13th-century flint church, although the nave's unusual proportions may indicate an earlier plan. The south aisle was added in the 14th century and the stone columns and arches onto the nave are visibly not upright! The 14th century tower had brick quoins and battlements added in the 16th century but this was rebuilt in 1973 in stone and flint to match the rest of the tower. The chancel, south aisle and west tower were built in 1340. The earliest part of the church is the
13th century lancet window
in the west wall which existed before the tower was added The fine tracery of the wooden screen is an excellent example of 14th century craftsmanship, and the 15th century pulpit is equally unspoilt.