Little Bromley - St Mary the Virgin
The nave is Norman, the chancel c.1300. The tower was added during the fifteenth century (the upper stage later re-built in brick in the 16th century) when a large nave arch was set in: the organ loft occupies a gallery within the resulting space at the base of the tower. The porch was added during the 16th cenury. The church is made of rubble with large amounts of puddingstone and occupies a fairly isolated spot surrounded by farmland.