Kelvedon Hatch - St Nicholas 1895
The church was designed by John Newman, who lived in the village. His design shows the late Victorian interest in the skill of the craftsman and the rejection of industrialisation. The church was built in 1895 in red brick, exposed internally, and consists of chancel, nave, organ chamber, vestry and south porch. Above the porch is a small bell tower with a louvred belfry and shingled spire.