Little Yeldham - St John the Baptist
This unassuming little church is on the site of a church mentioned in 1090 - the current nave is dated to c 1380 -1400. The belfry is 15th century, and rests on four timber posts which can be seen inside the nave. The 15th century chancel is, unusually, out of alignment with the nave - its axis deflected towards the north. The chancel is divided from the nave by a stone screen installed by the rector JP Seddon in 1891.