Littlebury - Holy Trinity - Chancel
The chancel was completely rebuilt in a restoration of 1874. The carving of the reredos, pulpit, and the pillars and arch of the chancel are of a very high quality. On either side of the chancel arch are carved heads: these represent the then Bishop of London and Queen Victoria. The imposing wall painting over the chancel arch representing the crucifixion is by Rev. Wix, vicar from 1840 to 1889. It was completed in around 1879 as a memorial to his wife.