Leaden Roding - St Michael
The nave was built late in the 11th century. In the 13th century the chancel was re-built and widened on both sides. The north wall of the nave was re-built in the 14th century. The weather-boarded bell-turret was added c. 1500 and the spire is shingled.The squat bell-turret houses three bells, one of which is reputed to be the oldest in Essex, dated 1523. The church was restored in the 19th century when the North Vestry and south porch were added and part of the south wall of the nave re-built. They should do something about those trees.