Little Burstead - St Mary the Virgin
This small rural church has a 12th century nave with the chancel added during the fourteenth century. The original entrance was via the north door: the south door was added in the 15th century. The piscina is dated 1500 and the font, early 16th century. The walls are built of pudding stone with freestone and handmade brick dressings; this can still be seen in the north wall but the other walls were plastered over in the 1950's and 60's due to extensive weathering. The fifteenth century bell tower is timber-framed with a shingled spire.